3D sensors for the inspection of geometry, shapes and surfaces of
- Automated inline 3D measurement for geometry, shape and surface inspections
- Continuous process monitoring
- Detection of different shape defects
- Objective evaluation of the deviations
- Comprehensive SDK & evaluation software
- Easy integration in all common 3D image processing packets
The high-precision surfaceCONTROL 3D 3500 is a 3D fringe light sensor which is ideally suited to automated inline inspection of geometry, shapes and surfaces on diffuse reflecting surfaces.
The surfaceCONTROL 2500 is used for precise inspections of large-format surfaces and offers tools for surface inspection.
Valid3D - Reliable 3D Data
Measuring object and point cloud
Conventional 3D software: algorithms are based on 2.5D, only one Z-coordinate per x/y coordinate possible, data loss during data processing
3DInspect with Valid3D: real 3D image of test object without data loss, analysis and evaluation of the complete test object
Software integration via Micro-Epsilon’s 3D-SDK
The surfaceCONTROL sensors are equipped with an easy-to-integrate SDK (Software Development Kit). The SDK is based on the GigE Vision and GenICam industry standards including the following function blocks:
- Network configuration and sensor connection
- Comprehensive sensor control
- Control of measurement data transfer (3D data, video images, …)
- Management of user-defined parameter sets
- C/ C++/ C# library, example programs and documentation
Accessing the sensor via GigE Vision is also possible without SDK if you have a GenICam-compliant software.
The new generation of high precision inline 3D measurements
The high precision surfaceCONTROL 3D 3500 is a 3D fringe light sensor which is ideally suited to automated inline geometry, shape and surface inspections on diffuse reflecting surfaces. The surfaceCONTROL 3D 3500 stands out due to its compact design and high measurement accuracy combined with high data processing speed. Two models cover different measuring fields.
- Vollständige 3D-Aufnahmen ab 0,2 s
- Mikrometergenaue Snapshots bei gleichzeitig großen Messfeldern
- Höchste Präzision bis zu < 0,4 μm
- Digitale Schnittstellen (integriert): GigE Vision/GenICam
- Bis zu 2,2 Mio. 3D-Punkte / Sekunde
- Digitale Schnittstellen (über 2D/3D Gateway): PROFINET / EtherCAT / EtherNet/IP *
- Digitale in-/Ausgänge: 4 parametrierbare Digital-I/Os (für externen Trigger, Steuerung des Sensors, Ausgabe Sensorzustände)
In addition to the fast data output via Gigabit Ethernet, the sensor offers an additional digital I/O interface. The 2D/3D Gateway II supports EtherNet/IP, PROFINET and EtherCAT connections. Powerful software tools enable precise 3D measurements and surface inspections. GigE Vision compatibility also allows easy integration into third-party image processing software. The comprehensive SDK for customer software integration rounds off the software package.
- 3D geometry inspection and shape detection
- Inspection of shape, position and surface
- Defect detection
- 3D text recognition and detection of finest structures
- Inspection of electronic components
The 3DInspect software is a powerful tool for sensor parameter set up and industrial measurement tasks. This software transmits the measurement data from the sensor via Ethernet and provides the data in three-dimensional form. This 3D data is further processed, evaluated and assessed with 3DInspect measuring programs on the PC and, if necessary, logged and transmitted via Ethernet to a control unit. If required, these 3D data can be saved with the software. Furthermore, the set up and configuration of the sensor is possible via the software. For connection to an automation interface, the functional extension 3DInspect Automation is enabled with use of the SC3510 sensors, which also includes comprehensive data logging.
Precise 3D sensor for the inspection of large surfaces
- Injection molded components such as car fender, fuel doors or covers on the doors and sliding roofs
- Composite parts (SMC) such as tailgates or spoilers
- Inspection of the dashboard
- Homogeneity of a furniture front
- Large measuring field up to 575 x 435 x 300 mm³
- Resolution from 0.25 mm (lateral)
- Interfaces: Gigabit Ethernet (image data output), USB 2.0 (sensor control)
|For the inspection of the surface of components in different places, surfaceCONTROL Mobile is the ideal solution. The portable system, which consists of a laptop and a sensor, can be safely transported in a carry case. It can be mounted on a tripod. The standard measuring area is about 410 mm x 300 mm.|
|The surfaceCONTROL Compact system is available for the inspection of small test pieces up to about 200 mm x 300 mm. The sensor is permanently integrated into a housing. Amongst other things, surfaceCONTROL Compact is suitable for the inline inspection of injection molding and die cast metal components.|
|When mounting the sensor to a robot, the system can be quickly and easily adapted to different measurement tasks. Six degrees of freedom of the robot are available. According to the requirements, a robot with a certain dimension can be chosen. If the component is positioned on a rotary table as seventh axis, it can be turned towards the sensor reducing the required outreach of the robot. Due to surfaceCONTROL Robotic large components can undergo a complete inspection with only one sensor.|